St. Augustine, Florida, may be the Nation’s Oldest City, but there is always something new to discover! Whether you visit St. Augustine every year or you’re vacationing here for the first time in a while, we put together a list of new places to check out in our area. Plan your trip with all of your St. Augustine staples and incorporate these new hot spots!
Restaurants & Bars
If there’s one thing St. Augustine has an abundance of, it’s delicious restaurants and bars. Everywhere you turn in The Ancient City, you’ll find new places to try, and you might even find a new favorite!
- Prohibition Kitchen
- If you’re a fan of The Ice Plant, you’ll love the Prohibition Kitchen. Conveniently located onSt. George Street, this vintage-era industrial gastropub has been a hot spot since opening its doors in December. When you step through the doors, you’ll notice the stunning restoration and design of the building. From the original roof to the extensive bar made of reclaimed wood, every detail has a purpose. Enjoy locally-sourced food and handcrafted cocktails as you listen to their live music each night of the week.
- Llama Restaurant
- This locally-owned restaurant focuses on Peruvian cuisine. Enjoy an intimate dinner experience comprised of fresh ingredients, exotic products, and beautiful culinary dishes. Try their elaborate menu items such as Amazonian Arapaima, surf & turf, Peruvian-style prawn chowder, ceviche, and octopus carpaccio. A restaurant you might find in a big city like Chicago or Atlanta, Llama Restaurant is a hidden gem in The Ancient City.
As breweries are popping up all over the country, St. Augustine is no different. The Ancient City is becoming quite the hot spot for breweries, and the trend shows no signs of stopping. So, if you haven’t stopped by the city recently, there are some new places you might want to check out!
- Ancient City Brewing Downtown Taproom
- Situated right along the Plaza de la Constitucion, the Ancient City Brewing Downtown Taproom is the new great place to get a drink in the downtown area. Serving up their craft beers, this taproom has a laid-back atmosphere perfect place to relax in the middle of a day of sightseeing or to wind down after a long day. All of their beers are brewed at their original tap room and manufacturing center at 3420 Agricultural Center Drive. At their original tap room, they host community events such as poker tournaments, trivia nights, and corn-hole tournaments.
- Old Coast Ales
- Open since early this year, Old Coast Ales sits conveniently between the St. Augustine Lighthouse and the Alligator Farm. This microbrewery has a special focus on ales, and all beers on tap are brewed in house on their 7-barrel brew system. Their brews even include a special “Kookaburra” brown ale infused with locally roasted coffee. With plenty of parking and a great location, Old Coast Ales is an ideal spot to get a drink after a day at the beach or exploring Anastasia Island.
- Bog Brewing Company
- Open since early 2016, Bog Brewing Company is located off of West King Street. They are focused on being a brewery for the locals and host events such as their annual Memorial Day BBQ. On tap, they have pale ales, porters, IPAs, saison, and gose. They even have a special smoked Datil cream ale to highlight the unique Datil pepper native to St. Augustine.
ZIPStream’s Castaway Canopy Adventure & St. Augustine Aquarium
- ZIPStream’s Castaway Canopy Adventure
- Located at the St. Augustine Aquarium, the ZIPStream’s Castaway Canopy Adventure is a fully guided zip line eco canopy tour. Learn about Florida’s ecology as you traverse 7 zip lines and 4 bridges above the Aquarium and the treetops.
- St. Augustine Aquarium
- If you’re looking for a new attraction in the area, look no further than the St. Augustine Aquarium. Great for all ages, the Aquarium is committed to conservation through education. So, this attraction is equally as educational as it is entertaining. Experience educational presentations, touch starfish, urchins, and horseshoe crabs in hands-on habitats, feed sharks and snorkel with Florida reef fish and stingrays.
Whatever brings you to St. Augustine, there’s something for everyone. Explore your favorites and consider mixing in some new stops for a truly unique experience you’ll talk about for years to come!