As summer comes to an end, St. Augustine anxiously prepares for Fall! As the crowds in our Ancient City begin to drop off and the weather cools, we prepare for an exciting season full of events, festivals, and other happenings to kick-start the holiday season!
What better way to celebrate Fall than by going to one, or several, festivals?! St. Augustine is known for its diverse and elaborate commemorations which celebrates unique cultures, art, and music. If you are headed this way in the next few months, you have a lot to look forward to. Here are a few of our favorite events.
- SAiRA Food and Wine Festival
- This tasty annual event will feature food from local restaurants, beverages from the St. Augustine Distillery, more than 100 wines to sample, a beer garden, and a silent auction. This event is hosted by the St. Augustine Independent Restaurant Association to raise money for a local charity. It will take place this year on October 1st at Riverhouse.
- St. Augustine Greek Festival
- The annual St. Augustine Greek Festival is coming up on October 13th-15th at Francis Field. Enjoy Greek dancing, traditional and contemporary live music, Greek food, pastries and coffee, a kids’ center, and a marketplace full of vendors offering jewelry, and arts & crafts.
- Florida Tiny House Festival
- Due to the record-breaking attendance in 2016, the Florida Tiny House Festival is returning this year from November 17th-19th at the St. Johns County Fairgrounds. If you’re interested in the tiny phenomenon and want to learn more, this is a great event for you! There will be plenty of micro homes to explore, as well as workshops, presentations, and lectures.
- St. Augustine Art & Craft Festival
- The 52nd Annual St. Augustine Art & Craft Festival will be held from November 25th-26th at Francis Field. This is a great family-friendly event that features both local and national artists, live music and entertainment, and artist demonstrations.
- Nights of Lights
- Lasting from November 18th – January 31st, Nights of Lights is by far one of St. Augustine’s most anticipated events of the year. People come from far and wide to see The Ancient City lit up with more than 2 million white lights, a holiday wonderland. Voted one of the 10 Best Holiday Displays in the World by National Geographic, it’s no wonder that people keep visit year after year.
Corn Mazes and Pumpkin Patches
Corn mazes are a time-honored tradition in the Fall, and right outside of St. Augustine sits one of our favorite corn mazes at Sykes and Cooper Farms. Just a short 15-minute drive away in Elkton, is the 9-acre Sykes and Cooper corn maze. Bring the whole family along for a fun time of navigating the maze, enjoying hayrides, duck races, farm animals, and more!
This year, the corn maze will be open from October 7th-29th. It is open on Fridays from 6-10 p.m., on Saturday from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., and on Sunday from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
If you’re looking to continue the nostalgic fall activities and make some great memories, look no further than one of the many pumpkin patches in the area. These patches are a longtime beloved tradition by St. Augustine locals and visitors alike.
- First United Methodist Church at 118 King Street in St. Augustine always has a pumpkin patch in the month of October. This patch is one of the most well-known and photographed pumpkin patch in the city.
- Rype & Readi Farm Market at 5780 County Road 305 in Elkton puts on many events planned for the Fall season including a scarecrow building competition, Fall festival, haunted mansion, pumpkin patch, and petting zoo.
- Our Lady of Good Counsel at 5950 State Road 16 in St. Augustine will host a pumpkin patch this year from October 2nd-31st. Their Fall Festival and Car Show will be on October 22nd and will feature food stands, beer and wine, games and prizes, live music, pumpkin inflatables, and a country store.
- Shores United Methodist Church at 724 Shores Blvd. in St. Augustine, will host a pumpkin patch this October. The pumpkins arrive on October 7th and the pumpkin patch runs until October 31st. The Fall Festival will be on October 21st.
St. Augustine Amphitheatre was recently named #11 on Pollstar’s list of Top 50 Amphitheatre Venues Worldwide, and we can see why. This venue is surrounded by the beautiful setting of Anastasia State Park, seats around 4,000 concertgoers, and has hosted legends like Willie Nelson, Jack Johnson, John Legend, and Idina Menzel. Fall is the perfect time to catch a concert at this outdoor venue – enjoy the weather while listening to the artists you know and love.
- Sing Out Loud Festival – Sept. 8-10, Sept. 15-17, Sept. 22-24
- Sammy Hagar & The Circle – Sept. 20
- UB40 Legends Ali, Astro, & Mickey – Sept. 21
- 2CELLOS – Sept. 23
- An Evening with Alison Krauss and David Gray – Sept. 28
- STS9 with guests SunSquabi, Jade Cicada, and Daily Bread – Oct. 7
- The Avett Brothers – Oct. 21
- The Black Lillies and the Dustbowl Revival – Nov. 8
- Ray Wylie Hubbard – Nov. 9
- Son Volt – Nov. 17