The History of the Agustin Inn
The two-story Victorian-modeled residence at 29 Cuna was constructed somewhere between the years 1899 and 1904. The property appeared on the University of Floridas insurance map completed in the year 1904. The original home had two brick stucco chimneys, a gable roof and was planned in an L shape model. Over the years the property has undergone major remodeling and frame modifications including a third level and an elevator in recent years.
Remodeling over the years of the former vernacular building to its Spanish and Colonial Revival appearance included modification of the roof line, eliminating the overhang at the ends of the slopes and under the eaves to produce simple lines. A wooden balcony continues to overlook the courtyard and a masonry wall later added now surrounds the property.