The 5th Annual Celtic Music & Heritage Festival®, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, & Whisky Tasting Event
In The Nation’s Oldest Celtic City – St. Augustine, FL
Stay at our of our Historic Inns and receive one ticket per person to the festival. Make your reservations now!
Check our Availability Here!
FRIDAY, MARCH 13 – CELTIC WHISKY TASTING – The Celtic Festival kicks off Friday night by celebrating the best in Celtic Whiskys with five offerings and an insightful presentation about the whiskys. Our Whisky Tasting Event begins at 7 PM on Friday, March 13 at Francis Field.
Doors open at 6:30 PM. Tickets are $45 and seating is limited.
SATURDAY, MARCH 14 – CELTIC PUB CRAWL St. Augustine Historic Walking Tours will again host our Annual Celtic Pub Crawl at 5:00pm Saturday, March 14 at Ann O’Malley’s Irish Pub. Get your reservations in early for this one. www.celticstaugustine.com.
SATURDAY, MARCH 14, THE 5th ANNUAL ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE steps off at 10 AM from Francis Field in St. Augustine, follows the bay front to the Bridge of Lions, takes a right down Cathedral Place, and returns to its origin via Cordova Street. This event is free with viewing along the sidewalks of the parade route. Register to participate in the parade at www.celticstaugustine.com.
Floats, marching bands, pipes and drums, horse drawn carriages, military units – the St. Augustine St. Patrick’s Day parade has them all, plus Star Wars Storm Troopers in kilts, pirates, and much, much more! Come to the ONLY St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Northeast Florida.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, MARCH 14 & 15, THE 5th ANNUAL ST. AUGUSTINE CELTIC MUSIC & HERITAGE FESTIVAL®, presented by Romanza, will take place at Francis Field, 29 W. Castillo Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32084. Gates open at 11 AM each day. Events are scheduled from noon to 10 PM on Saturday and from 11 AM to 6:30 PM on Sunday. You are encouraged to wear a kilt, bring a chair or blanket, but no coolers, no skateboards, service dogs only.
This authentic cultural event, voted Best of St. Augustine 1st Runner-Up Event for 2013 & 2014, features traditional Irish music and contemporary Celtic rock with performances by Albannach, Dublin City Ramblers, Irish Echoes, Makem & Spain, Poor Angus, Rathkeltair, Searson, Whiskey of the Damned and more! Enjoy Scottish pipes and drums, participate in or watch Highland Games, visit the Celtic Clans and learn about your heritage, browse among Celtic vendors, sample Celtic food and watch your children have fun in the Kids’ Zone.
This festival honors St. Augustine’s remarkable Celtic history and heritage. St. Augustine is not only the Nation’s Oldest City; it’s the Oldest Celtic City in the United States!
General Admission is $7 through February 28 (increasing to $10 on March 1).
The VIP Weekend Package is $45 through February 28 (increasing to $55 on March 1). This is an $80 value! A Weekend VIP Ticket Package includes 2 FREE beers or wine, a FREE Festival tee shirt, separate VIP tented seating, restrooms and bar.
FRIDAY, MARCH 13 – HIGHLAND GAMES CLINIC
2-6 PM – Opportunity for anyone interested in competing as athlete for introduction & training, but not limited to the novice athlete.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, MARCH 14 & 15 – HIGHLAND GAMES
- $25 per person March 14 & 15 to compete for the weekend.
- Registration includes free general admission to the Festival, athletic participation, and free lunch.
- Awards will be done at the close of each full day’s competition for each of the define division of athletes.
- Athletes are marching in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 14 at 10 AM.Competition starts immediately after the Parade.HIGHLAND GAMES EVENTS
- Open Stone Put (16 lb. thrown for distance in any style)
- Heavy Hammer Throw
- 56 lb. Weight for Distance
- 28 lb. Weight for Distance
- Caber Toss (size and weight of caber differs between the classes of athletes)
- Sheaf Toss (16 lb. burlap bag tossed with a pitch fork for height)
- 56 lb. Weight for HeightThis event is supported in part by the St. Johns County Tourist Development Council. Tickets and more information about The St. Augustine Celtic Music & Heritage Festival are available at www.CelticStAugustine.com.